Friday, May 6, 2011

my Fourth Child



As some of you know our family adpoted a puppy back in Dec. We knew it was crazy but didn't really know. A lot like when you get pregnant and you know its going to be a change but you never really know.

I never grew up with dogs just cats. I grew up being very scared of dogs.

Fast forward to last Dec. My now four year old daughter has wanted a dog for a year. She saw dogs and she would want to pet and love and cuddle . my boys were a little more cautions. Finally through much discussion, I started resreaching dogs. Even had my cousin who works for animal shelters and knows a thing or two about adopting pets
What would be the best dog for our family? I came up with a a vision of a medium sized dog, short hair and a girl. Sorry but I have too many boys in the house already.


So what did I come home with?! A Lab/ chow mix. Big puppy that keeps getting bigger and bigger. Has long hair and is a boy!!!! We appropriately named him Bear. Best laid plans? Whatever.
He is crazy, full of energy and wants so much attention .

Needless to say we love him, but he is a ton of work.
And just like having a baby we cannot imagine our lives with out him..... Well okay I can. Quiet , no dog poop, and having more money if we didn't have to pay for his organic dog food!

No comments:

Post a Comment