Monday, June 24, 2013

lunch Pasta w/pesto

This afternoon flew by before realizing that my kids needed lunch. Some quick thinking led me to my go to plan B lunch , pasta with homemade pesto. It is yummy and quick , and my kids usually eat it all up before I get any. While I am boiling the pasta I go in the garden and get basil, parsley and mint. Fling them in a food processor with a garlic clove , salt, and pepper. Then, while leaving the processor running I add olive oil in a slow steady stream. Done. I drained the pasta tossed it with the pasta. Done. If I had some parm I would grate some. Oh well next time. I also should have added pine nuts but didn't have any. A few missing ingredients never stop me. I called the kids and as the descend the staircase they sniff the air, and exclaim, "pesto!" This should hold them for a bit before football camp.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, sounds yummy even without pine nuts!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete